Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quilting lessons

This year I have started quilting lessons for the first time since I was 16 years old. Through a 'Bear & Craft' Sewing group that I go to I've had the opportunity to have lessons which I attend once a month on a Saturday.
We are making a quilt simply called a 'Sample Quilt'. Each time we make a block using different methods. I am enjoying the classes and have learnt so much. Even sewing quilts on a machine doesn't scare me as much as it used to.


Block 1. Pinwheel Block.
This is a four-patch block that introduces the use of templates and accurate hand piecing.









Block 2. Double Monkey Wrench

This block included half square triangles and machine piecing (scary as!!)







Block 3. Attic Windows

This is a hand-pieced block teaching mitred corners and raw edge applique









Block 4. Log Cabin Block

This block showed us a classic and versatile machine pieced block.

Charlie thought it was time to give his approval of my block.





No comments: