Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sampler Quilt

I've now finished all the blocks of my sampler quilt - 9 in total.  The last two finished were Jacobs Ladder and a free block where we could choose what we wanted.

Block 8 - Jacobs Ladder 

This block can be hand-pieced or machine pieced. In the class everyone machine pieced their blocks but as I didn't take my sewing machine I hand pieced my block.
Block 8: Jacobs Ladder - hand pieced
 Block 9 - Block of your own choice

Block 9: Block of our own choice
For the block of my own choice I decided to applique a teapot and cup and saucer onto a plain white backing.

Sampler quilt laid out to check placement of blocks
In the next class we are cutting and sewing the sashings and hopefully finishing the top of the quilt ready for the batting and backing. I am planning to try my hand at quilting on my sewing machine using my walking foot.

No comments: