Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Update on my 'Postcards from Paris' quilt

I have my Postcards from Paris quilt ready to be machine quilted in the new year. My family have given me some money towards finishing the quilt for Christmas which was lovely as the quilt will always be a reminder of Christmas gifts from my family.

Mary, a friend from my craft group has been using my pattern to make a quilt for herself. Mary has sewn her quilt using blanket stitch whereas I have used needle-turn appliqué. She has also used different fabrics and on some blocks added her own design.  It's amazing how different and yet similar the quilts look.

Mary's 'Postcards from Paris' quit

Mary's 'Postcards from Paris' quilt
I am looking forward to Mary sewing her blocks together and finishing her borders so that we can take our quilts to the quilter to have quilted.


4 comments:

Helen said...

Wow..You have inspired me. I have been working on Postcards from Paris for what seems ages and I have one block to do, the centre one. Every time I get it out to do I think too hard and put it away again. Now I see someone has actually done it I think I will endeavour to do it too - Thanks from Helen

Vicki Cameron said...

So nice to 'meet' someone else making the same quilt as myself and my friend Mary. We both had to take a deep breathe before starting on the final centre block.I was daunted by the chequered border but once I put my mind to it the block came together so quickly.
It's well worth finishing that last middle block Helen - just take it one step at a time!
I would love to see a photo of your finished quilt. Happy quilting Vicki

Helen said...

I finished a while ago, thanks to you! But have had trouble uploading photos to the computer, so here is a link to one I managed to post ohttps://www.facebook.com/helen.page.927/photos#!/photo.php?fbid=10151423345217588&set=a.10151421459962588.474912.553417587&type=3&theatern facebook.

I think it works,, thanks again for the much needed motivation From Helen

Vicki Cameron said...

Congratulations Helen - I'm so pleased you've finished your Postcards from Paris quilt. You must be very proud of yourself. Do you have it hanging on a wall or are using using it on your bed? I'd really love to see a picture of your quilt. Unfortunately the link you posted didn't work. Maybe you can email me a photo or find me on FB?