Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Other projects and more...

As well as the quilts I've been making I've had a few other projects that I have been working on recently.

More doggie hats and coats

more hats
Russo's coat and matching hat
I had a call from the dog groomer wanting two dog hats adjusted for a customer. This order led to making another dog coat and hat to make for my bosses dog. 
Russo in his new outfit


 Kids Hope

tweety bird
I've been volunteering as a Kid's Hope mentor again this year. It's a wonderful program run by my chruch and World Vision. As a mentor I go to the school for one hour once a week and spend time with a child. First and second term I had a little grade three girl. We had lots of fun together making this cat, tweety bird and a patchwork bag for her to keep. The bird and cat were made from felt and apart from the seems everything was glued on and I used split pins for the eyes and nose.


Another jumper for Andrew

Andrew's new jumper
I've started knitting another jumper for Andrew. It was going to have the same collar as his last jumper but with moving from the cold of the Dandenongs I've changed the collar to a round neck so that it's not so hot to wear. I've knitted the back and have knitted half the front.



Table mats for Glen Park Cafe

Table mats for work
At work with have a cafe so I was asked to 'fix' the 'things' that were placed on the centre of each table with the salt and pepper shakers and menu's. Basically they were pieces of fabric cut into crooked squares!  I squared each piece of fabric and tried out some embroidery stitches around the hems.


 Postcards from Paris quilt 

I have finally hung my Postcards from Paris quilt. It now graces the wall in the dinning room.


A box of ties

A friend asked me if I would like some ties to make something with. She was sorting through her husbands ties and was getting rid of a few. I said yes not realising just how many ties she meant! I now have a big crate of over 100 ties all with different patterns - some flowers, some plain and some cartoon. I am looking forward to making a quilt or two out of these ties for my friend.

A box of ties

A portrait of Charlie

I am lucky enough to work at a community centre where there are many talented students and tutors. One such lady is Anne who did this chalk portrait of Charlie.



Anne with Charlie s portrait

Meeting the Prime Minister

Another bonus of working at the community centre was that I got to meet the Prime Minister - Julia Gillard


No comments: