Monday, September 8, 2008

Gardening and a day with Jacob

In amongst all my business with work and study I enjoyed spending a day with Jacob last Friday. We spent the morning doing a few jobs down the street and then picking up some plants that had been given to me by a lady. We planted the cuttings into my new garden bed which I started last week and also planted out my bowl of baby lettuce, a tomato plant and seeds of parsley and basil.

When Jake visits he always helps me with the worm farm. He's a great help tipping in all the food scraps and helps bottle the worm wee.

In my new garden bed I have planted out the hellebores I purchased on eBay. I purchased 5 colored hellebores - red, yellow, white and black and also some ruffled lady hellebores. they are growing really well so hopefully next winter I will have some new colors in my garden.






I'm really enjoy having time with Jake and getting to know him more. He's a good little boy with a great sense of humour. Every now and then he'll do something that reminds me of Philip when he was the same age. When I look at Jacob I think how lucky I am to have been able to spend time with his father, Philip at the the same age and now 30 years later to be spending time with his son. There are not many aunties that get the opportunity to have so much time with their nieces and nephews growing up and then with great nieces and nephews.


I am looking after Jacob during the Christmas holidays so I am really looking forward to having the extra time to spend with him. I am also really looking forward to spending some time with my great nieces, Sarah, Hannah and Olivia when they visit in October. I've nearly finished Sarah and Hannah's cardigans so I am hoping to be able to give them their cardigans when they visit.

No comments: