Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Quilt for Mum & Choosing Patterns

I am well on my way with making my remembrance quilts.

I finished mum's quilt earlier this year and have nearly finished Peter's quilt.
I'm making a 'Spinning Castles' quilt for Jacob and now have all the material ready to start his once I have finished Peter's and my own quilt.

I have chosen the patterns for the quilts I want to make for Sarah, Hannah and Olivia. For Sarah I am making the 'Ruby Rose' quilt which I already have the material ready to start. The quilt I am going to make for Hannah is called 'Raspberries and Lime' and Olivia's is called 'Fresh & Fruit'.

Jacinta has chosen the 'Willow' pattern quilt, another quilt which I have already collected the material ready to make. I still need to decide on a quilt for Megan so I've been looking through some patterns so see if I can find one that I'd really like to make for her. Rhonda would like an 'Oriental' style quilt in black, white and grey so I'm on the lookout for any material that might be suitable. There's lots of colored oriental fabrics but not many plain patterns so finding suitable material will be a challenge.

I love going through my pattern books and choosing patterns that I'd really love to make for each person. Every time I go to a material shop I look at the materials and buy any pieces of that I can use in my quilts.

I feel excited seeing patterns and fabrics come together and can't wait to finish one quilt and start the next. Each quilt finished is one quilt closer to my dream of making a special quilt for all of my family.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You are so talented and quick! I;m looking forward to seeing what you've done when we're there soon.