Friday, October 24, 2008

Sarah and Hannah's cardigans are finished

I was so pleased to have been able to finish the cardigans just in time to be able to give them to Sarah and Hannah when they were here on holidays a few weeks ago. They looked really cute in them and I think they like their cardigans.

I still have to knit Olivia's cardigan and am hoping to start knitting Olivia's soon.

It was really nice having Josh, Ruth, Sarah, Hannah and Olivia down in Melbourne. Olivia is so cute and has grown so much since I saw her in April this year. I think she has the most beautiful big brown eyes that I have ever seen. I loved having Sarah and Hannah come to stay. They both stayed over night with me on Friday and then we spent all day Saturday together before having tea with everyone.

On Friday night we all slept in my big bed together - by 'all' I mean, Sarah, Hannah, myself and Charlie the dog! Needless to say I didn't get much sleep but the girls and Charlie did.

On Saturday we got up and baked a loaf of bread in the bread maker, cooked a chocolate cake for tea, went for a walk, did some shopping, had McDonald's for lunch and watched 'The Sound Of Music' in the afternoon.

Charlie did so well with the girls. I was a bit worried as he's not used to having children around but he loved them giving his tummy a rub and would even go and jump up onto the couch and sit with them.

Taking Charlie for a walk was an interesting experience. Everyone had to have a lead to hold so with three leads attached to his harness, one for Sarah, Hannah and then mine attached to a belt around my waist and my crutches we did get a few looks and comments from people along the way.

I met everyone for lunch on Sunday but as i hadn't taken Charlie with me, Sarah and Hannah came back to my place again to pick him up and take him back to Nana's for the afternoon. While the girls played with Charlie and , Mum, Ruth, Josh and Vi played scrabble I finished off the girls cardigans.

Needless to say I really enjoyed the weekend and loved getting to know the girls more, see Olivia growing up and of course catching up with Ruth and Josh as well.

No comments: