Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Peter's Circles and Squares Quilt

I've decided to name Peter's memory quilt 'Circles and Squares'.

When I started to think about a memory quilt for Peter I wanted to make him something different - a pattern that was unique and I wanted it to be in black and white as he barracks for the AFL team Collingwood.

I think I have achieved the uniqueness that I wanted with this quilt. It's black and white and definitely different!

It's great to have finished the quilt as I will be able to post it to Peter for his birthday. It's also a really nice feeling to know that Peter now has something from me that I have made especially for him and that he can keep it forever.

As with all my other quilts I have made this quilt by hand and have embroidered my name and date onto the back of the edging. As I will be giving this quilt to Peter for his birthday I have embroidered 'Happy birthday Peter Oct 08' and then 'V.Cameron 2008' onto the edging.

Harry, Peter's dog, goes everywhere with him so I decided it was only fitting that I make a Harry a quilt to match Peter's. Harry's quilt however is sewn on the machine. It was fun to make a matching quilt even though it will probably be chewed to pieces in no time! Harry's quilt has his name as well as mine and the date embroidered onto the back of it.

Just to make sure Harry's quilt was the right size Charlie, my dog, decided he had to test it out first. He gave it the tick of approval!

My next project is to finish off my quilt which I started last year. I just have to finish the quilting of the three layers together and then sew on the binding.

I have also started working on Jacob's quilt and have finished one of the blocks and have started on a second block.

No comments: