Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jake, Sarah, Hannah & Olivia's quilts

I am loving making quilts for all of my great nephew and nieces.

Last year I have mainly concentrated on making quilts for my family. I have completed the tops of both Jake and Hannah's quilts and have started the quilting of the circles on Jake's.













Sarah's quilt is looking great. I am sewing on the chenille borders and have the backing material and batting ready to put the quilt together.









I have cut out the cardboard templates for Olivia's quilt and I brought the pattern and material as a kit the fabric is already cut into squares. I have had to make a slight adjustment to the size of the squares so that I can stitch the material more easily onto the templates. It's amazing the difference 1/4 of an inch makes!


I am waiting to find a pattern for Lachlan's quilt so hopefully I will be able to find one soon and start his quilt by the end of the year.

A friend of mind has asked me to exhibit the quilts in a show in August. I am not sure that they will be completed but they can still be shown if they are not.

No comments: