Friday, February 19, 2010

A Blue Willow quilt for Jacinta

I have started on another quilt which I am calling my 'Blue Willow' quilt. This quilt will eventually be for my niece Jacinta.

Over the past year and a half I have been collecting blue and white material and now have enough to make it into a quilt.

I found two patterns that I liked of which one was called 'Blue Willow' and the other 'Memories of Provence. Deciding on which pattern to use was hard. I liked the idea of making the Blue Willow quilt as it matched my material selection but with the pattern pieces being small you wouldn't see the bigger patterns on the material.

I've decided to use the 'Memories of Provence' quilt pattern. It is a simpler quilt but with it's large blocks (9 inch 23cm square) it will show the designs on the fabric. I have some navy blue and white material for the triangles.


I've cut out the fabric, cardboard templates and have started to tack the fabric onto the cards.

With the large blocks I think this quilt will be very quick to sew.

I love making all my quilts but the fabric in this quilt is probably my favourite.












No comments: