Monday, April 5, 2010

My Blue Willow quilt is growing

Here's a photo of my Blue Willow quilt. I only have one and a bit boarders to sew on and then the binding to sew. I have the backing material and batting all ready to put on the quilt.

I am not sure what pattern I will use to hand quilt the top. I may just stitch around each block but will have to make sure the quilting is close enough together to hold the batting in place once it's finished.

I wasn't sure how to place the block for this quilt. After much deliberation I decided to have them all facing the same direction and set about sewing the blocks in place.


As I was sewing the last two picture blocks in place I had started to think that I should have sewed half the blocks in the opposite.

I was just about to sew the last block in place and I decided that I would unpick half of the blocks and turn them in the opposite direction.

It took me all evening to unpick the blocks I wanted to turn. I unpicked 5 blocks in total, turned them around and sewed them in place again.


It was fiddly work unpicking the stitches and sewing blocks where I had taken them out in the middle of a row but it was worth the effort.

Charlie must have a sixth sense for quilts. Every time I lay a quilt out to photograph it Charlie jumps up on the bed and sits right on top of it!



My pile of quilts to hand quilt is growing. I will have plenty of sewing to do when I have the bone grafts done on my foot in a few months time.









1 comment:

Melanie said...

That quilt is beautiful! And I love all the quilts piled up like that :)