Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My first block of the month block and Blue Willow quilt completed

I am excited to say that I have finished my first block of my Postcards from Paris quilt. I had started a different block but seemed to be having so much trouble with matching the fabric pieces to the pattern. after much frustration I realised that the templates proved for the flowers did not match the flowers on the block pattern. I have set that block aside for the time being and started on the next block which is of a postcard. I am so pleased with how it has turned out. I have traced the applique layouts onto the blocks I have received and cut the fabrics ready to sew. I have now started on my next block which is of three long stemmed roses in vases.



Jacinta's Blue Willow quilt is ready to be hand quilted.

I laid out and basted the quilt at Brink last week making use of the trestle tables in the church.

It was great having the space to move around the tables without hitting the walls as I do at home. I also enjoyed having the help of Mary, one the of the ladies at Brink who I've come to know this year.


I am currently working on Lachlan's quilt and my Postcards from Paris block of the month both of which I am thoroughly enjoying sewing.

Hopefully I'll be able to sew some more over the next two weeks while I recuperate from my second carpal tunnel release operation. The surgery tomorrow is on my left hand so I'll just need to work out how to hold the material in my left hand while I sew with my right. With 10 days off work it would be so nice to be able to spend the time sewing.

No comments: