Friday, September 17, 2010

Some good news

Life has been racing by lately with lots happening but the biggest bit of news is that I finally have had an operation to put a pin and bone graft in my foot - 2 years and 6 days after the fracture happened!

Thankfully TAC accepted my claim which I am so grateful for as it has meant that I was able to have the operation done privately and a lot sooner than if I had to go through the public health system. I am now at home recuperating from the surgery. I wont know until I have another x-ray on the 7th October if the surgery has been a success but so far everything is going well. Unfortunately I have had to stop my injections of Humira for my arthritis as they make me more susceptible to infections so I have been in a lot of pain in my joints. Hopefully I will be able to start them again in a few weeks.

The second big bit of news is that I have finished all the subjects for my Advanced Diploma of Accounting. I started the course in 1998 so it is great to have finally finished after 12 years of study. A lot has happened in the 12 years since I started - many hospital admissions with asthma, subarachnoid haemorrhage, operations, moved house to name a few things, so I am really proud of myself for not giving up. I've applied for my certificate so should get that in a couple of months.

No comments: