Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm hooked on needle felting

I'm hooked on needle felting. It's a great change from sewing although a dangerous craft as the needles are so sharp. My fingers have been jabbed quite a few times.

Yesterday I decided to buy a few more supplies which have made it much easier to felt. I brought a 'needle pen' which has three needles in it making it faster to felt. You can take needles out for finer work and use one or two needles. Instead of the foam I brought a brush as well. I also brought a book on Needle felting called 'Needle Felting Magic by Barbara Allan. I'm looking forward to it arriving so hat I can learn some more techniques to make other designs.

Last night I made a little dog with a ball and a beetle. I am please with the dog but the beetle needs a bit of work!






No comments: