Friday, September 16, 2011

Butterflies & Bags

In between my other projects I've been busy making 'butterfly' blocks for a quilt and bags for children.

At church we recently heard of an lady come and talk about the Butterfly Children's Hospice that they had set up in China. One of the ladies at church decided that it would be lovely to make a big 'Butterfly' quilt for them to out on the wall so at Brink (my craft group) we are all making blocks for the quilts. I've made three so far and have one more to make.






September is also time for Christmas boxed to be filled for the Samaritan's Purse Australia. This year instead of filling boxes I've decided to make material bags, like a library bag, for the children so that they can have a bag to keep their presents and treasures in after the boxes break.  I've made 15 so far and have enough material to make another 20 or more.

bags for Samaritans Purse Christmas boxes



No comments: