Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Current projects on the go and another one waiting in the wings

Sitting down tonight I was thinking what I would do. I have so many craft projects on the go at the moment that is hard to know which one to work on.

At the moment I'm working on Jake, Hannah and Sarah's quilts, 'pirate' curtains for Jake, a knitted vest for Lachlan, doggy sun hats to sell and a stitchery for a friend . This list is not including all the other 'unfinished projects' sitting in baskets waiting to be finished some time.

I am quilting circles on Jake's quilt. It takes me most of one evening to quilt just one circle so I think it's going to take me a while to do the whole quilt.

Jake's quilt

The top of Hannah's quilt is nearly finished. I just have the final binding to sew on and then I can do the batting and backing so that it's ready to quilt.

Hannah's quilt

I've been sewing the blocks for Sarah's quilt and have finished about half of them.

Sarah's quilt

The back of Lachlan's vest is finished and I've knitted the band and a bit of the front.

Lachlan's vest

I've been working on a stitchery for a friend as a thank you present for her. I am hoping to have it finished by next Sunday so that I can give it to her then.


a stitchery for Nance

Tonight I finished curtains for Jake's bedroom. I'm pleased with how they turned out and hope that they are the right length for the window.


Jake's 'pirate' curtains

I've also been asked to sew as many doggy sun hats for the lady who cuts Charlie's hair. I get $10 per hat so am planning to put the money towards a quilt that I would like to make sometime for myself.


Last week I went with Melanie to Gail B's patchwork shop and saw a quilt that I really loved. I decided that I would make this quilt for Olivia.



With all these projects on the go I certainly don't have time to get bored.

No comments: