Monday, October 19, 2009

A vest for Lachlan

About 27 years ago I knitted a Fair Isle vest for my nephew Jonathon. The pattern was in a book called 'The Australian Wool corporation Traditional Knitting with Wool'.

A few months ago I found the book in my pile of knitting patterns so decided that it would be nice to knit the same vest for Lachlan, Jonathon's son.


It's been fun knitting the vest especially knowing that I knitted this same pattern 27 years ago.

I'm knitting a size 4 so the vest is a bit big for Lachlan now so hopefully he'll get some ear out of it next winter.





Last week Jonathon, Melanie and Lachlan were in Melbourne for a visit. It was lovely spending some time with them on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. I can't believe how much Lachlan has grown and how talkative he is.

No comments: