Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012.. a new year and more quilts


It's the 10th January 2012 already and I've started the year with lots of projects from last year to finish and new one started and others not far away.

Just in the last two weeks I have sewn a quilt top for Jessica, put the bindings on Lachlan's quilt ready for batting backing & quilting, sewn a quilt for a friend, brought material for two new quilts and designed and sewed the first block of Lucas's quilt. Not a bad effort for two weeks into the year!

One of the biggest changes for me this year with quilting is that I have decided that machine sewing quilts is not so bad after all!

For Christmas I was given some vouchers so I am now the happy owner of not one but two sewing machines.  A little decadent but it now means I have a machine for quilting and a machine for basic sewing and repairs.

I finally bit the bullet and decided to put away my treadmill which I haven't used properly in over two years (It's had more use as a clotheshorse than a walking machine!) and make myself a sewing corner in the back room. 

My new sewing area.


I am looking forward to another year of creating quilts for my family and friends and am excited to see what I make this year.

No comments: