Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lachlan's Spinning Stars Quilt

I've been working on Lachlan's hand pieced 'Spinning Stars' quilt all of 2011 having started cutting the templates and fabrics in 2010. 


Over the last two week I finished the borders and am now ready to put the batting and backing on before hand quilting it. 


I have been keeping a blog of making Lachlan's quilt so if you'd like to read it you can find it at: http://spinningstarsquilt.blogspot.com.au/

I made my other great nephew a quilt called 'Spinning Castles' and have now started on a third quilt for my other great nephew Lucas. Lucas's quilt design is called 'Spinning Wheels'. I have been able to use the same fabrics in all three quilts just adding a few extra as I go along.

Jake's Spinning Castles quilt

Lachlan's Spinning Stars quilt

The first block of Lucas's Spinning Wheels quilt

No comments: