Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A quilt Lucas

Lucas's Spinning Wheels Quilt

I've started my next hand pieced quilting project a few nights ago.  I have chosen a block from my Quilters Album by Jinny Beyer called 'Spinning Wheels' for Lucas, another one of my great nephews.

I'm using some of the same fabrics used in Jake's Sinning Castles and Lachlan's Spinning Stars quilts.  I'm not sure why but the quilts for my great nephews are much more complicated that the quilts for my great nieces. Maybe it's because I haven't had to make as many.

With the pattern and fabrics chosen I have graphed out the block design from the book, created the cardboard templates and have sewn together the first block. I am yet to decide whether I will make the quilt just from these blocks using the different coloured fabrics in each block or whether I will add a sashing in between the blocks. I will sew some more blocks before deciding.

Spinning Wheel block being used for Lucas's quilt



Blue toned fabrics

The cream fabrics
Graphing the design ready for the templates
Cardboard templates

The first of many Spinning Wheel blocks for Lucas's quilt

No comments: