Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dealing with great news and the alternatives

I saw my doctor on Thursday night and came away with mixed feelings. On one hand the sense of relief knowing that I don't have a tumour or aneurysm and wont have to have surgery on my brain was enormous but the feeling of relief was tempered by the realisation that I don't like the other alternatives either.

The 'alternative' means that I probably have a degenerative eye disease. The biggest and most immediate impact on my life is that I am not allowed to drive. What the future holds with regard to my sight is unknown at the moment and another few weeks of waiting for more tests and results.

Not driving is a big change to life style and my independence but at least I am well and whatever this is it is not life threatening and doesn't require major surgery. For that I am so very thankful.

No comments: