Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Waiting for test results

This past week I have felt like my life has been in limbo waiting to see what the future will hold. I have lost peripheral vision in both eyes and am not allowed to drive because of it. I've also got a fracture in my foot (a lady trod on it on a bus last year) so am finding it hard to walk and have been been wearing a big boot thing instead of plaster on my foot.

I've been told that I may have another aneurysm, a tumor or some kind of degenerative disease where I may eventually loose my sight. I don't like either option and am praying that maybe there will be a third option. If I do have a tumour or aneurysm then I'm told it can be treated and I may get my peripheral vision back and be able to drive again. If it's not either of these things then it is unlikely that I will drive again.

Not being able to drive in itself is a life changing thing. Like a lot of things in life we don't realise how much we rely on being able to get in our car and drive down the street. It's only been just over a week and I really miss not being able to get into my car and drive to work, to the shops, to church, to craft or to friends houses.

Tomorrow I get the results of my MRI and bone scans. I don't know what news I want to hear. I just want to know what I am dealing with.

It's the not knowing that is hardest and scariest thing to deal with.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Oh no! This is terrible! I will be praying for you!