Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A great time of year for sewing

I love this time of year. The days are warm and just right for doing some gardening, going for a walk or just sitting outside in the sunshine. This morning I took Charlie for a walk down the street and this afternoon it was nice being able to get outside and do a bit of gardening.

The evenings are long with the sun setting early - by 5.30pm it's dark outside. I love the long evenings as I reckon that there is nothing better than getting into my pajamas early, cuddling up under my quilt with Charlie beside me on the chair and sewing.

I've been making the most of the long evenings spending most of them working on my quilts cutting out material and templates ready to sew them together.

I have now sewn four blocks of Jacob's quilt and still have a lot more to go. It's exciting seeing Jacob's quilt taking shape.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Jacob's quilt looks wonderful. I love the colours and Hannah,s is going to be very special.I can see the love sewn in:).Meg