Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A great Easter Long Weekend


I had a great Easter long weekend. Time with Andrew, church on Sunday, lots of quilting, and lots of queuing up at sales buying more quilting fabric and batting. A 40% sale is not something to miss!

Andrew and I went for a drive on Saturday to Warrandyte and had lunch at Warren Glen Nursery then drove up through St Andrew's to Kinglake and back through Yarra Glen were we stopped for a yummy afternoon tea. It was amazing driving through the Kinglake National park and seeing the regrowth from the bush fires 2009. Kinglake was so quiet and there are still mobile homes being used. We don't hear much about the fire affected areas these days but for those people living at Marysville, Kinglake and the town affected there are still reminders every day.

Andrew gave me a hug Easter egg and a Spotlight gift voucher which was really sweet.
Andrew with his Chook door stopper - the pickets were filled with little Easter eggs.




There were some great sales on over the weekend. My favourite shop Spotlight had 40% quilting fabric and batting so I queued for nearly an hour with my bargains and put them on layby. I went back Sunday and was amazed to be served within 10 minutes but yesterday .. well that was a different story - an hour and a half!! I did get a couple of pieces of lovely bright fabric and some pinks to make a baby's quilt. I had gone to buy the border for Kelly's quilt, quilting needles and globe!

I had a good weekend sewing - finished the top of Kelly's quilt ready to add the borders and binding, sewed more of Jessica's binding down - only 77cm to go!. I cut out and sewed an 'Owl' quilt but I'm not happy with the green I've used. It was meant to be lime green but somehow I picked up the wrong green, a color I had set aside for another quilt and didn't realise until I was putting it together!  Back to Spotlight today to pick up some lime green and lots of unpicking tonight!


the border is actually pink but looks orange here

Only 77cm left to sew

I'm going to change the green to a lime green
some pinks for a baby's quilt

Some fantastic bright colors

No comments: