Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jessica's quilt

Machine quilting 1/4 inch from the seems
Jessica's quilt is nearly finished. I only have two sides of the binding to sew down.

The machine quilting was a challenge fitting the quilt in the small arm of the machine. Quilting Jessica's quilt by machine gave me an idea to look around at quilting frames. I have come up with one that I have been able to make myself using a design from a guy in America. I will post more on that when I get it set up on my machine!

checking out the quilt on nana's spare bed.









Choosing the binding was the hardest part of making this quilt... what color - pink, red, blue, green, pink with spots argh!!! 




should I choose blue or white & red?
maybe this white background with greens and reds ....
or the green or the red and white..

..or the pink & red spot or the red & pink spot..
After lots of looking at fabrics and asking people I ended up spending two hours at two of my favourite quilting shops coming home with two options. After hours... no days it came down to either this pink with red spots  or.

.. either this pink with red spots  or...
The winner!! 
 The binding I went for in the end was one that I would not have normally chosen but it's the best fit bringing out the pink and reds with a little white throughout.
finally time to sew on the binding  ..


No comments: