Friday, April 6, 2012

My 'Clucky Chook' door stopper

I may be a little behind in updating my blog but  I've been busy sewing over the last month.

Not long after I meet Andrew we saw a door stopper in the shape chicken in a store. Andrew really liked it and was going to buy it until we saw the hefty price tag of $80!  It was made of fabric and stuffed - certainly not $80 worth of chook! Shocked at the price I said I'd make him one if wanted. Nothing more has been said but I've been looking around for a pattern of a door stopper in the shape of a chook. Easy to find a pattern - no! Lots of triangle and bean bag chooks but none in the shape of a chook with the comb and tail.

After months of looking I finally found a pattern by Melly & Me called 'Clucky Chook' - a pattern for a babies toy measuring approximately 7" x 9" with 4 little chicks. Exactly what I was after only a bit too small so I enlarged the pattern to 145% of its original size. I now have a chook door stopper with 4 little chicks on the wings.


I am really pleased with how my chook has turned out and can't wait to give it to Andrew for Easter. I am going to place some little 'chicken' Easter eggs in the wings.
Andrew with his Chook door stopper (filled with little eggs for Easter)

door stopper in use already

No comments: