Sunday, July 6, 2008

Charlie Cameron

I thought I better introduce you to the other member of my family - Charlie. Charlie is a cross between a West Highland Terrier and a Mini Schnauzer. He was only a few weeks old when he was given to me by my family and so small that he wasn't much bigger than my slippers.

Charlie has a kennel however the photo of him in the kennel was probably the only time he ever went into it. He loves going for walks and although he's not meant to he sleeps on my bed.


When I got a treadmill I decided to make one for him so that he didn't feel left out when I went walking. Charlie is pretty clever - he can shake hands, roll over, sit and stay. He even won a prize and had his photo printed in a magazine.

Every time we go for a walk we - rather I should say 'Charlie', gets stopped for a chat and a pat. He has his special friends like the man at the mobile library, the people in the newsagents and the lady in the hot bread shop. They always make him welcome taking the time to give him a pat.

Charlie has some 'doggie' cousins, there's Rex and Oscar, Harry and his newest cousin Dallas. He loves the rough and tumble with Harry but is not quite sure about Dallas yet as she's a much smaller than him and so full of energy that she runs rings around him.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow! When it rains it pours! Looking forward to reading through!

Melanie said...

Well...we just got back from a weekend away, and I thought I would check your blog before finishing all my unpacking! It is all so interesting, and was great to read about the study.
Oh, and it was such a nice surprise to receive a parcel in the post this morning!!!!!! I'll drop you an email :)