Sunday, July 6, 2008

School projects - Bracelet, Leather belt & Doily










Craft was one of my favourite subjects at school. It's no wonder I used to enjoy it so much when I look back at some of the things we made. The same year I made the penguin I also made this blue enamel bracelet.

Another year I made this leather belt using leather making tools to decorate it with this pattern. The belt measures 43 inches (110cm) and I remember it took a long time cutting the pattern into the leather.
When I was 15 and living in Costerfield I made this cross stitch doily at school. My teacher suggested that I should enter it into a show so we entered it into the local show at Heathcote. I won equal First place which was pretty exciting.

Some of the other things I remember making include a Kimono style bath robe and a latch hook cushion.


No comments: